The savvy shopper would have to visit multiple stores to see exactly what was on offer in their local area - so if nothing else you would save a fortune on gym memberships with all the walking around.
But who REALLY has the time or the energy to trawl the shops to find out where the latest best prices are?
Thankfully, those days are gone for good.
Now, with the simple click of a mouse, you can find the Amazon Deal Online. And comparison site MySupermarket.co.uk even lets you build your weekly shopping basket and compares prices from Tesco, Sainsbury's, Ocado, Waitrose, Asda and Aldi, Boots and Superdrug to tell you where you should shop to save the most.
Using their service, you could save an impressive £850-a-year - that's free money in your bank to spend however you like.
HOW TO SLASH YOUR SHOPPING BILL* Download the MySupermarket App Its FREE!
* Boots: Nivea Sun Regenerating After Sun Balm 300ml was £9.00 now £4.50, this is a great time to stock up for the summer, and you get those points too.
* Boots: Oral B Professional Care Triumph 5000 Electric Toothbrush was £199.00 now £79.99, that's a massive saving of £120.00.
* Boots: Wilkinson Sword Hydro Moisturising Shaving Gel 240ml was £3.59 now £1.79
* Asda: Right Guard Xtreme Invisible Antibacterial Anti Perspirant Deodorant £1.00 at Asda compared to £2.29 at Tesco.
* Asda: Gillette Fusion Manual Blades (4) down from £9.89 to just £5.00 shaving of £4.89!
* Sainsbury's: Pantene Pro-V 1 Minute Wonder Ampoule, 3 x 15ml down from £4.00 to just £2.00
* Sainsbury's: Pampers New Baby Sensitive Size 1 Newborn 2-5kg £3.99 compared to £ 5.99 at Morrison's.
* Tesco: Garnier Nutritionist Skin Naturals Nutritionist Caffeine Eye Roll On down from £9.99 to £4.99, and still beating all other stores which have a similar offer.
* Tesco: Johnson's Face Care Makeup Be Gone Extra Sensitive Wipes down from £3.05 to £1.50. * Set your preferred store and make your shopping list
* Then see what you can save by taking your list to the best deal in town, which will be £17.00 on average for each time you use the app
* If you haven't done so already enrol into any and all of the loyalty schemes
* Tell all of your friends how they can save too, they will be glad you did
Here are my best deals of the week all found on MySupermarket.co.uk using just their Health & Beauty section. And I didn't even leave my house!
So, Just by visiting one department on MySupermarket I have found savings which total over £150.00. Imagine what you can do with a whole month's worth of shopping!
If you only do one thing today try it for yourself! And come back again tomorrow for the latest deals and bargains to be found across Britain...